Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings and Payments
- Bookings may be made by email, letter or telephone. By booking a course or activity you acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions.
- Payment in full is due at the time of booking for all open course bookings.
- Private courses will be invoiced for the course fee on confirmation of booking. This fee will be due in order to secure the booking.
- Registration and certification fees for private courses will be invoiced for separately following completion of the course. This payment will fall due on the date invoiced.
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer (BACS).
By Borderlands First Aid
- Borderlands First Aid will only ever cancel courses in exceptional circumstances. In the event of a cancellation by Borderlands First Aid a place will be offered on a subsequent course, but if this does not meet the clients’ needs, a full refund will be provided within 5 working days.
By the client
- Courses booked by email or telephone can be cancelled within 14 days of the booking, in accordance with the distance selling regulations. Cancellation must be made in writing or by email. In the event of cancellation within 14 days of such a booking, Borderlands First Aid will fully reimburse any money paid. This clause shall not apply in the case of late bookings where the course has already taken place.
- If cancellation is made after this period has elapsed, Borderlands First Aid reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees:
More than 30 days prior to course No fee. Full refund given
7-30 days prior to course 50% of course fee payable
Less than 7 days prior to course 100% of course fee payable
The client may transfer to another Borderlands First Aid course as an alternative to forfeiting part of the course fee. Course transfers less than 7 days prior to the course will incur a £30 administration fee.
Our regulated first aid course certificates are externally awarded, so certificates are issued following the completion of the course. You should expect to receive your certificate within 3 weeks of the course, so please contact us if this has not happened. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for missing certificates reported to us more than 2 months after the end of the course. We will assist you in applying for replacements after this time but any replacement certificate fees will be your responsibility. E-certificates are issued to successful candidates as standard. Paper certificates can be requested for an additional fee but we must be notified of this prior to the course.
Borderlands retains contact details of individuals who have completed and returned course booking forms to us. The details are used for course administration purposes. Occasional email newsletters are sent to clients who have opted in to receive these.
Reminder emails are sent to individual clients when their qualification is close to expiry if they have opted in to receive this communication.
Any queries regarding these terms and conditions should be made to:
Borderlands Outdoor T/A Borderlands First Aid,
36 Brook Estate,
Tel 01600 714612