Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings and Payments
- Bookings may be made by email, letter or telephone. By booking a course, you acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions.
- A deposit of £50 or 25% of the course cost (whichever is greatest) must be received by Borderlands Outdoor in order to confirm your place on the course. This is payable at the time of the booking.
- The balance of payment must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the course.
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer (BACS).
- Attendees on any of our externally verified first aid courses will be required to provide photographic identification such as passport or driving licence in order to satisfy the anti-fraud requirements of the awarding body.
By Borderlands First Aid
- Borderlands First Aid will only ever cancel courses in exceptional circumstances. In the event of a cancellation by Borderlands First Aid a place will be offered on a subsequent course, but if this does not meet the clients’ needs, a full refund will be provided within 5 working days.
By the client
- Courses booked by email or telephone can be cancelled within 14 days of the booking, in accordance with the distance selling regulations. Cancellation must be made in writing or by email. In the event of cancellation within 14 days of such a booking, Borderlands First Aid will fully reimburse any money paid. This clause shall not apply in the case of late bookings where the course has already taken place.
- If cancellation is made after this period has elapsed, Borderlands First Aid reserves the right to charge the following cancellation fees:
More than 30 days prior to course No fee. Full refund given
7-30 days prior to course 50% of course fee payable
Less than 7 days prior to course 100% of course fee payable
The client may transfer to another Borderlands First Aid course as an alternative to forfeiting part of the course fee. Course transfers less than 7 days prior to the course will incur a £30 administration fee.
- In order to comply with the regulatory requirements of accredited first aid courses, clients on these courses must arrive by the advertised start time. Any clients arriving late may not be able to complete the course satisfactorily, and may therefore not be able to receive a certificate. The full course fee remains payable to Borderlands Outdoor in these circumstances.
Our regulated first aid course certificates are externally awarded, so certificates are issued by first class signed for post following the completion of the course. You should expect to receive your certificate within 3 weeks of the course, so please contact us if this has not happened. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for missing certificates reported to us more than 2 months after the end of the course. We will assist you in applying for replacements after this time but any replacement certificate fees will be your responsibility.
Borderlands retains contact details of individuals who have completed and returned course booking forms to us. The details are used for course administration purposes. Occasional email newsletters and certificate expiry reminders are sent to clients who have opted in to receive these.
Any queries regarding these terms and conditions should be made to:
Borderlands Outdoor T/A Borderlands First Aid
14 Mary De Bohun Close
Tel: 07580 135869